Perfect Summer Dinner – Basil Wrapped Shrimp with Grill Corn and Vegetables
This recipe was inspired by the warmer weather and enjoying time with friends and family.
1. 1 LB of 16-20 Count bag of Shrimp
2. 16-20 Large Basil leaves (depending on the amount of shrimp)
3. 4 ears of corn husk on
4. 2 cucumber
5. 2 tomatoes
6. 1 medium red onion
8. Flat Leaf Parsley
9. Salt & Peper
10. Red Wine Vinegar
11. Olive Oil
13. 1 Lime
1. Soak the corn in water for about an hour with the husk on.
2. Cut up the cucumber, tomatoes and red onion in half inch pieces and place in a serving bowl.
3. Mix together 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar, ½ cup olive oil, juice of half a lime and a pinch of sugar
4. Pour mixture over the chopped vegetables and mix adding salt and pepper to taste.
5. Cover vegetables and let stand. Do not refrigerate otherwise tomatoes loose the taste.
6. Defrost and rinse shrimp. Pat dry.
7. Lightly brush the shrimp with olive oil.
8. Wrap each shrimp with a large basil leaf and secure with a toothpick.
9. Heat grill on medium heat.
10. Place the corn on the grill with direct heat and grill on all sides. The husk will look like it is almost burned. It’s ok because the corn is protected. (About 15 minutes)
11. Once corn is grilled remove and husk to reveal delicious perfectly grilled corn on the cob. Brush with butter, salt and pepper to taste.
12. On a medium indirect heat, place shrimp on the grill, turn once. They grill very fast so you will need to watch them. Only about 2 minutes per side. They will have turned from blue/gray to pink remove from grill.
13. Uncover summer vegetables and sprinkle with chopped cilantro and parsley.
Plate up or serve buffet style to let your guest be part of the experience. Enjoy the basil wrapped shrimp with corn on the cob and a cup of summer vegetable salad. Serve with basil infused lemonade or a delicious glass of white wine.
Post a Comment